Patient activation describes the knowledge, skills and confidence a person has in managing their own health and care, and the Patient Activation Measure (PAM) tool is now available through NHS England to over 60 health care organisations across England.
The Health Foundation have published a sub-titled version on their webinar Understanding and using the Patient Activation Measure in the NHS.
The webinar gives commissioners and people with an interest in self-management the chance to:
- Find out how health care services are used by people with different levels of activation ie levels of knowledge, skills and confidence to manage their own care
- Learn from the experience of a GP using the PAM tool with patients with long term conditions
- Katie Coleman, Vice Chair (Clinical), Islington CCG
- Natalie Armstrong, Professor of Healthcare Improvement Research, University of Leicester
- Sarah Deeny, Assistant Director of Data Analytics, The Health Foundation