This article in the Guardian, explores the range of mental health apps in the marketplace and looks at five of the best. The article gives advice on how to choose the right app via the following steps:
- Look for apps with input from a mental health practitioner.
- Check that your personal data is held in accordance with data protection laws.
- Ask if the app is approval by a regulatory body, for example, the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Ask whether the app has undergone any trials to demonstrate its clinical effectiveness.
- If the app is for an internet forum, check for moderators and posting guidelines.