The Patient Information Forum (PIF) Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. PIF undertakes not to disclose any data without your consent or as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act).
Please note: This policy covers the PIF website at www.pifonline.org.uk. Any links from this site to other websites are not covered by this policy.
In order to administer our website, provide email alert services and consult on our work, PIF occasionally captures personal data. This is done in four ways:
- Site access: The website monitors access to the site for the purpose of system administration of the web server and statistical monitoring of website usage. This may include ‘cookies’. A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The message is then stored by the browser in a text file called cookie.txt. Every time the browser obtains a page from the server this cookie message is sent back. A cookie can be used to identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them.
- Membership of the Patient Information Forum: If you register with the Patient Information Forum, your email address and other information given when registering will be held on our system for the purpose of providing membership services. Your details will NEVER be passed on to third parties.
- Events held by the Patient Information Forum: If you book to attend an event held by the Patient Information Forum your email address and other information given when booking will be held on our system for the purpose of event administration. Your details will NEVER be passed on to third parties.
- Shop: If you purchase a Patient Information Forum publication your email address and other information given will be held on our system for the purpose of supplying the item to you. Your details will NEVER be passed on to third parties.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the data you provide by filling in forms on our website, and with your permission this information will be stored to be used as follows:
- To provide you with information about forthcoming Patient Information Forum events, publications, updates or key pieces of work, unless you have opted out of being contacted for such purposes; or
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will NEVER share your data with third parties, unless where it is necessary to enable us to comply with legal obligations or where permitted by law.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act by contacting us at the address given below. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated 20 Feb 2017