10% discount to people booking on in teams of 2 or more right up until the event takes place on Thursday 1st May
We are delighted to announce that the 9th Annual Patient Information Conference will take place at The St John’s Hotel, 651 Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 1AT, on Thursday 1st May 2014. You can view the conference programme here: PIF Conference Brochure 2014 - FINAL
Our 2014 conference is all about the fundamental components of delivering a high quality health information service, with a look at policy, health literacy and commissioning information. High-level speakers from across voluntary, NHS, and commercial sectors, will bring you up to date on national information strategies in England and Scotland, whilst hands-on workshops will develop the core skills behind producing and disseminating quality health information.
If you communicate with patients and the public about their health, this is your conference!
- Doing it for myself - Michael Seres – Patient speaker
- The state of information: a National Voices perspective - Jeremy Taylor, Chief Executive, National Voices
- Long term conditions, self care and The House of Care - Dr Alf Collins, Clinical Associate the Health Foundation and Clinical Lead, Somerset Community Pain Management Service
- Diversity in commissioning: Getting the message right and the right message across - Annie Topping, Chief Executive, Healthwatch Suffolk and Gulshan Kayembe, Lay CCG member Suffolk
- Information, regulation and the Care Quality Commission, Chris Day, Director of Engagement, Care Quality Commission
- England's Information services - the future of the Information Standard, the digital offer and Accessibility Standards, Luke O'Shea, Head of Patient Participation, NHS England
- Health literacy – meeting needs in practice - Anneliese Levy, Senior Information Development Officer, Prostate Cancer UK and Jonathan Berry, Director, Community Health and Learning Foundation
A Prostate Cancer UK project exploring health literacy in men, and how information materials can be designed to better meet health literacy needs
- Beyond Leaflets? Kat Cormack, Developer of the Well Happy App for young people and winner of the Outstanding Social Entrepreneur Award in the vInspired National Awards and Ruth Carlyle, Head of Health and Wellbing and Anna Leibowitz, Head of Cancer Information Development, at Macmillan Cancer Support
Kat will be talking about using apps and social media and Ruth and Anna will be talking about a number of Macmillan projects exploring the differences between print and online information, audio and Skype services
- Information in Primary Care; the new frontier - Dr Joanne Protheroe, Senior Lecturer in General Practice, Keele University and GP in NHS Manchester and Dr Knut Schroeder, GP, Concord Medical Centre | Founder and Director, Expert Self Care Ltd | Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, Centre for Academic Primary Care, University of Bristol. Jo and Knut will be talking about how information for patients in primary care is developing, the impact of health literacy and how to help patients get involved in their care
- Getting the 'informed' part of consent right. Mr Nick Carty, Consultant General Surgeon, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (second speaker to be confirmed)
We are delighted to announce that this year at our Annual Conference we are inviting delegates to submit posters for presentation. The best judged poster on the day will receive a prize, and be featured on PiF's website and on this newsletter. For more details and guidelines email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel accommodation at the conference
The Patient Information Forum has secured a reduced rate of £79.00 Bed and Breakfast - Single Occupancy at the St John's Hotel. To book using this rate, call the hotel between 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday on 0121 712 760, or alternatively email email@example.com and QUOTE Patient Information Forum. Bookings must be made 14 days in advance to qualify for the discount, and you are advised to book as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Terms and Conditions
1. Bookings of nine or more rooms are subject to a Group Agreement and Contract.
2. Bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to your arrival date.
3. All accommodation and rates are subject to availability at the time of booking
4. Full pre-payment will be taken at the time of booking and is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
5. Once booked, reservations cannot be cancelled or amended and are non-transferable.
Please note that hotel accommodation costs are not included in any delegate fees. You are advised to book and pay for the hotel yourself. PiF cannot accept any liability.
We hope you can join us!
Page updated: 7 March 2014