On Thursday 17 October 2019, the Patient Information Forum will be holding a training workshop for people who want to learn how to write health information.
This workshop will cover the following elements, and a full programme will be available in July:
- Writing in plain English - Health literacy (clear language and risk communication)
- Word economy - Use of short sentences and paragraphs
- Tone of voice and use of the active voice
- Involving users and user testing to check clarity, understanding and tone
- Interviewing skills
- Using the patient voice. The role of case studies and patient stories
- Sign off and consent
- Different styles of writing – differing tones and structures of news stories and blogs
- Making the most of headlines, intros, pull quotes and side heads
Delegate fees for the workshop are as follows:
£250+VAT for PIF members (PIF members should login to the website to see the PIF member rate)
£350+VAT for non-PIF members (this includes a complimentary 1-year individual membership to PIF)
We hope you can join us!
The PIF Team