Person Centered Approaches (Steps 1 & 2)
Skills for Health, in partnership with Health Education England, has launched an e-learning course designed to enable healthcare staff to behave in a person-centred way. It builds on the “Person-centred approaches framework” published last year.
The aim of the course is to enable staff to behave in a person-centred way, based on the person-centred approaches framework, which aims to distill best practice and to set out core, transferable behaviours, knowledge and skills. This course covers Step 1 and Step 2 learning outcomes of the framework. This course has been developed in partnership with Health Education England.
This e-learning supports the Person-Centred Approaches Framework, which was developed by Skills for Health, Skills for Care and NHS Health Education England. Both the Framework and this eLearning were created with input from people with experience of using health and social care services.
The scope of this eLearning is to introduce the behaviours, knowledge and skills for person-centred approaches, including the values, core communication and relationship building skills, engaging people and enabling and supporting people.
You will cover the core transferable behaviours, knowledge and skills for person-centred approaches, and see the application of these through the five stories.
The course includes a Learning Journal for you to document your thoughts and reflections on the person-centred approaches covered in the course. It can also be used to plan how you take your learning forward and put it into practice in your role.
What will learners get out of it?
- Explore person-centred approaches and why they are important. Components and examples of person-centred approaches are discussed alongside the benefits of working in this way.
- Be aware of your own values, beliefs, prejudices, assumptions and stereotypes when working with people
- Confidently demonstrate the core communication skills for relationship building and information gathering
- View the demonstration of the principles, behaviours, knowledge and skills needed for person-centred approaches in the five stories
- Explore co-production, person-centred measurement and how this can inform and support service improvement, and setting your own goals to embed this approach
Who is the course for?
This eLearning is aimed at people working with people, families or communities in different services in the public, private and not for profit sectors.
This course has been developed in partnership with Health Education England. When you have successfully completed all the modules of this course, you will be able to download a certificate of completion.
Read more and apply here: https://www.skillsplatform.org/courses/5192-person-centred-approaches