Patient Experience Insight: Demonstrating Responsiveness to Feedback is being organised by HC-UK Conferences and will take place in London on Monday 28 April in London. It will consider measuring, understanding and acting on patient feedback.
Chaired by Jane Whittome Head of Programmes, Patient Experience NHS Improving Quality, this conference will provide a practical guide to measuring, understanding and acting on patient experience insight, and demonstrating responsiveness both to individual patient feedback and to insight from patients as an organisation as a whole. It will include sessions on:
- Patient experience insight: learning from patients
- Measuring and understanding how people really feel about the care they receive and demonstrating responsiveness to feedback
- Demonstrating insight and responsiveness at a local level
- Ensuring patient experience feedback leads to improvement and engaging frontline staff in developing responsive services
- Monitoring Patient Experience from ward to board
- Developing Patient Experience Dashboards and Indicators, and responding to the narrative as well as the data
- Monitoring progress against the NICE Quality Standard for Patient Experience
- Case Studies: Real time patient experience feedback
- Responding to and using online sources and social media for feedback and engagement with patients and community
- From Experience to Outcome: Real Time PROMs
More details about conference and its programme can be viewed here. Click here for pricing information and to book your place. PiF members are being offered a 20% discount on the conference by quoting code HCUK20PIF when booking.