This website is owned, operated and maintained by the Patient Information Forum (PIF) Limited. PIF provides a Membership Service that enables those who work, and are involved, in health information and support to:
- Access the membership section of the website
- Attend meetings and other events
- Receive regular updates, via a newsletter and email alerts
- Interact with other members, via the website
- Ask questions of and receive feedback from the membership body
By registering and using the Membership Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Please see the bottom of this page for Terms and Conditions related to joining the Accessible Information group.
Registration and Membership
- All applications for Membership of PIF are made via the website. By submitting the application online, the Member is deemed to have signed the application form.
- A Member is anyone who registers on the PIF website, as an individual or as part of their organisation, who has paid the appropriate membership fee.
- PIF reserves the right at all times and at its absolute discretion to accept or reject applications for Membership as it feels appropriate.
- Upon registration you will become a Member of PIF and gain access to PIF membership services (including the Member-only section of the website, receive the weekly e-newsletter – PIF Aware).
- Membership is for a limited period and to continue Membership you must pay a subscription fee when prompted.
- PIF may terminate your Membership in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and you shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the subscription fee paid or payable.
- Membership fees are reviewed annually and any change will be notified to Members in writing, via email.
- Membership subscriptions are non-refundable.
- Membership can be substituted by another individual within the same organisation in some circumstances. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
- Members can use their Membership login to enter the Member-only area of the website.
- Within this Members-only area, Members will have access to the Directory of Members (the use of data from the directory for commercial purposes of any sort is not permitted) and Groups.
- Upon registration a Profile for each Member will be created in the Members Section. This is mandatory and will include your name and organisation.
- Members will be asked to fill in additional details e.g. add a photograph and special interests. This is optional, though Members are likely to benefit from providing information about themselves.
PIF members benefit most from their membership when they support and learn from one another. To do this it is important that you share some information about yourself and your work, and that there is an element of trust between Members. We strongly encourage you to contribute, discuss and comment. However, it is also important to be safe and respectful. Your responsibilities as a Member are that:
- All registration details that the Member provides to us are true and correct and you will keep the information updated.
- You agree that your data can be shared in the Members section (your name and organisation) and other data you upload to your Profile.
- You are responsible for all the information which you post, upload or display on the Website, and will only upload information that you own all intellectual property rights to, or that you have a licence / permission from the owner.
- You will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of any UK laws relating to on-line conduct and with any applicable international laws.
- You will not upload, post or otherwise display any content which contains software viruses, or any that contains chain letters, bulk mail, junk mail, spam or similar.
- You will not post any material or comments which makes any commercial endorsement, or promotes any commercial product, service, event or publication not directly relevant to the discussion.
- You are solely responsible for how you interact with other users of the Website.
- You agree to indemnify us in full and on demand against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which we suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and the Membership Service.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password/membership number and log-in details confidential. Our security measures depend on you complying with this obligation, and we are not responsible for any breach of your privacy due to your failure either to keep your password/membership number secure.
- Other Members may also see and use the personal data you make available in the Members directory. Think carefully about the information you disclose. Do not make any information public which you do not want other Members to see.
- If you have a concern about how another Member is using your personal data, or if you think it is being used in breach of these Terms, please report this via email@example.com.
- You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium, and we therefore cannot be responsible for breaches of security arising out of intentional and/or unauthorised attempts to access the Website, for example, by computer hackers.
- Amended Terms and Conditions shall become effective as soon as they are placed upon the Website and your continued use of the Website and the Membership Service constitutes acceptance by you of the updated terms.
- PIF may delete, edit, lock, move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded or displayed without notice and for any reason, (including, without limitation) content which is in breach of these Terms.
- If you are in breach of any of these Terms, PIF may reveal your identity or any other related information collected on this service, and to the extent that such action constitutes processing for the purpose of the Data Protection Act you hereby consent to such processing.
- PIF disclaims all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (a wrongful act, whether intentional or accidental, from which injury occurs to another including negligence) as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Membership Service for any economic loss, loss of goodwill or reputation, or special or indirect or consequential loss or otherwise and all implied warranties relating to the Website and the Membership Service. In particular PIF accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result, directly or indirectly arising out of:
- conduct of any user of the Website
- any technical or other failure of the Website
- any dealings that you have with any users of the Website and/or the Membership Service
- any subsequent arrangements, contracts, agreements or business relationships that you enter into with any person (whether a Member or otherwise) as a result of, or facilitated by your use of the Website or Membership Service
- If PIF is found to be liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the Website or the Membership Service that liability shall be limited to the annual Subscription Fee.
- We will use your data to administer your Membership and the Events you attend.
- We are not responsible for the use made of your personal data by other Members who access it through the Website
- We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time at our discretion.
Accessible Information group
- Becoming a member of the PIF Accessible Information group is free.
- Accessible Information Membership includes access to the Accessible Information discussion group and members area only. It does not include access to other PIF member benefits.
- All activity within the Accessible Information area must be non-commercial. Please see point 6 in ‘Membership Responsibilities’ above for a full explanation of what this means.
- PIF reserves the right to review the Accessible Information membership at any point.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms and Conditions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated 20 Feb 2017