- Information Officer
- Salary: circa £26-£27K
- Location: near Cambridge
- Full time, permanent
- Closing date for applications: 29 January 2017
We are looking for a confident, friendly and professional candidate to work on our Dementia Research Infoline, providing the public with information about dementia, current dementia research and ways in which to get involved in research. If you are a science graduate with an ability to communicate in a sensitive and patient way, this role in our rapidly expanding communications team could be perfect for you.
Please note that the Dementia Research Infoline does not provide counselling or medical advice.
Main tasks of role:
- Act as the first point of contact for the Dementia Research Infoline, providing information about dementia and research and signposting to other organisations.
- Respond to health and research enquiries by phone, letter and email.
- Develop new ways to promote the Infoline and the importance of participation in research to the public, acting as an entry-point for the UK research register, Join Dementia Research.
- Discuss with the public the different ways people can get involved in research and the types of studies looking for volunteers.
- Assist members of the public with registration for Join Dementia Research. This involves processing and recording volunteer health information and ensuring data is up-to-date and contact with registrants maintained appropriately.
- Manage the confidential handling of personal data.
- Write and update health information materials.
- Scientific degree or an equivalent level of education
- Experience of discussing health or research matters with the public
- Effective communication skills with a sensitive and patient phone manner
- Good knowledge of the research process
- Ability to translate scientific research to make it accessible to the public, both over the phone and in written responses
- Ability to identify appropriate sources and evaluate evidence to provide up-to-date, accurate, evidence-based information
- Appreciation of the emotional impact of dementia on individuals and an awareness of services and organisations relevant to people with dementia
For full details of the role and how to apply, please download the full job description here. You will be joining an incredibly dedicated team with a passion for raising awareness of dementia research.
Closing date: January 29th 2017
Salary: circa £26-£27K
Location: near Cambridge