To apply for this post please email your CV and covering letter to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of Health Content
We’re looking for an Editorial Assistant to join Bupa UK’s team of award winning health content specialists. This is a varied editorial role, you will support the team to produce high quality editorial content, assist on content projects, and handle the financial administration for the team.
While some experience in content production is an advantage, this is an entry level role, and so is ideal for someone wishing to pursue an editorial career in health and wellbeing. There will be scope for ‘on-the-job’ training and development.
Accountabilities and activities
- Assist with the production and review of award winning health content.
- Research and produce innovative and engaging health content, collating comments from medical reviewers and editing drafts accordingly.
- Proofreading a range of health content resources, including leaflets, booklets and web content, prior to publication.
- Producing regular content for the UK website and business publications.
- Verify medical and health-related information against original sources using critical appraisal skills.
- Monitoring and responding to email enquiries via the team mailbox.
- Administrating purchase orders through Bupa’s e-Purchasing system, for payments to suppliers, third parties and medical reviewers, ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Coordinating team events and meetings as requested.
- Coordinating the team’s promotional activity, attendance at conferences and entries to competitions.
Qualifications, training and experience
- A degree qualification or equivalent in life sciences/sports/nutrition/journalism degree.
- Broad general knowledge of human biology and medical science, including an understanding of the importance of communicating medical statistics, messages, facts or health advice to a consumer audience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to efficiently prioritise a varying workload.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills.
- High standard of written and presentation skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work on own initiative, make decisions and self-motivate.
- Experience and knowledge of producing and editing high quality material that adheres to robust external standards.
- Critical appraisal skills and experience of using evidence-based materials to produce consumer information.
- Familiarity with standard editorial processes, including researching, writing, editing and proofreading.
- Broad knowledge of medical language and terminology with in-depth understanding of the value of Plain English and ability to adapt writing style accordingly.
This is a desk-based job at Bupa House, London. As some projects have a rolling programme of deadlines (for receipt of copy, sending work to press, etc) there will be the need to work under some pressure. However, there is no requirement routinely to work outside of normal office hours (9am-5pm).
Travel to Bupa offices outside London is likely from time to time.
To apply for this post: please email your CV and covering letter to Andrew.email@example.com, Head of Health Content