- Job advert: Marketing and Communications Officer
- Duration: 6-month fixed term contract initially, with potential for extension
- Hours: 21 hours per week (3 days)
- Salary: £25,000 full time equivalent; £15K pro rata
- Location: Home-based with occasional meetings/events, usually in London
- Deadline for applications: 5pm; Monday 25 February 2019
- Interviews: Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview in March 2019
The Patient Information Forum (PIF) (www.pifonline.org.uk) is the UK membership organisation and network for people working in, and involved with, healthcare information and support.
We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation and we are committed to improving the healthcare experience of patients and the public. We do this by supporting individuals and organisations to provide high-quality, clearly communicated, evidence-based healthcare information, which is accessible and developed with its users.
High-quality information and support are fundamental components of person-centred care. It is vital for empowering people to understand and make informed choices about their well-being, health and care.
PIF provides a range of services for its 620+ members and the wider health information community. These include a website, weekly email newsletter, events, ask the membership query service and online discussion groups. We also undertake special projects in line with our strategic objectives.
Summary of role:
PIF is excited to be recruiting a Marketing and Communications Officer to drive sales and marketing initiatives and deliver growth within our membership and for our range of products and services. Key elements of the role include:
- To increase membership numbers through brand awareness
- To actively promote PIF’s services including job advert and Sounding Board services
- To produce a weekly e-newsletter (PIF Aware) and event blogs
- To manage PIF’s social media content and contributions on Twitter and LinkedIn
- To maintain and enhance the PIF website
- To assist with the organisation of PIF events and training workshops
- To manage the PIF Query service
Experience, skills and aptitude required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate a track record in delivering success in marketing and communications activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- Proven editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for the web and professional audiences and able to produce accurate, concise copy on complex issues.
- Strong understanding and experience of using and managing social media platforms and the most effective ways of communicating through them.
- Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of a range of applications and software including content management systems, image editing software and standard office applications.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and keen eye for detail.
- Good customer service ethos.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
You can find a job description, person specification, and details for how to apply via the link below:
Closing date for applications: 5pm; Monday 25 February 2019.
Interviews: Short-listed applicants will be invited to interview in March 2019.