The Active Communities Alliance is newly established NHS England group, open to everyone who is involving people and communities in the provision of health and wellbeing support, across the health and care system.
The Active Communities Programme is supporting the delivery of Chapter 2 of the Five Year Forward View ‘What will the future look like? A new relationship with patients and communities’.
The aims of the Alliance are to:
- Share information and ideas
- Find out about each other’s work
- Meet where possible
- Build a network
Work together to promote and support active communities in health and care to help to shape strategic priorities and actions and supporting dissemination across the system.
The Alliance is holding an introductory event on 15 March 2016 in London.
The day will be practical and interactive and there will be time to network, share ideas and explore opportunities.
The morning session will include:
- A chance to find out what everyone is doing in this area of work
- A focus session on youth volunteering – find out what is going on nationally, share your thoughts on a national vision and plan for youth volunteering, hear about some innovative work that’s going on, and share what you are doing.
The afternoon session will include:
- An opportunity to find out more about the work of the People and Communities Board (one of the Five Year Forward View boards) and discuss how the work around the principle ‘volunteering and social action as key enablers’ is being developed – we welcome your thoughts.
- An update on ‘Health as a Social Movement’ and the Vanguards.
- How we could mark Volunteers Week in June
The event is free and a light lunch and refreshments will be provided. You can book my visiting this website.
If you are a volunteer or a small voluntary or community sector organisation and require support with travel expenses please contact email@example.com. Expenses can only be covered in line with the Expenses Policy.
The Alliance is coordinated by Active Communities Programme managers, Sara Bordoley firstname.lastname@example.org and Bev Taylor email@example.com. Please contact them if you would like further information on the Alliance or Active Communities Programme.