Join us for this practically focused day, sharing experiences and case studies from leading organisations delivering accessible information for their patients and service users.
Sessions will consider:
- Accessible information for delivering person centred care
- Patient experience of accessing (or not!) accessible health information and/or the Accessible Information Standard
- Case studies from information producers and practical examples of how you can create accessible information
- Case studies from organisations who have implemented the Accessible Information Standard, sharing key learning
9.30 – 10.00 Registration, refreshments and networking
10.00 – 11.10 Session 1
- Introduction and welcome Patient Information Forum
- Accessible information for person-centred care Alf Collins, Clinical Lead for Person-Centred Care, NHS England
- A personal perspective Sandy Bannister, Corporate Equality and Diversity Manager, Worcestershire County Council
11.10 – 11.40 How do you approach accessible information? Networking session, including refreshments
11.40 – 12.40 Session 2
- Practical tips from a patient experience team perspective Emma James, Patient Involvement and Experience Officer, Great Ormond Street Hospital
- The Accessible Information Standard in action Sarah White, Policy & Partnerships Manager (Health), Sense
12.40 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 15.00 Session 3
- A system wide approach to accessible information support Dr Clare Mander, Clinical Lead for Accessible Information, Solent NHS Trust
- Developing a range of accessible self-help guides Karen O’Rourke – Patient Information Centre Manager, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- To be confirmed AbilityNet
15.00 – 15.15 Break
15.15 – 16.15 Session 4
- How to make effective Accessible information for people with learning disabilities Jez Coram, Multimedia Designer, Shaun Webster MBE, International Project Worker, CHANGE
- Designing for accessibility Alicia Crowther, Senior Customer Insight & Research Officer, NHS Business Services Authority
16.15 – 16.30 Sum up and close
The event will cost £150+VAT for PIF members. You will need to be logged in to the website to see the PIF member rate.
The cost for non-members is £225+VAT, and this price includes a 1-year Individual membership of PIF.
You can register to attend the event here.
If you have any queries about this event please contact email@example.com.
We hope you can join us!
The PIF Team