NHS England has recently established a Health Literacy Collaborative. Membership consists of a range of organisations from across health and care who are currently undertaking work in the field of health literacy.
The current membership of the Collaborative is listed below:
- Community Health & Learning Foundation
- Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- Health Education England
- National Voices
- NHS England
- Public Health England
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Stoke-on-Trent City Council
- UK Health Literacy Group
- Healthwatch England
The Collaborative is keen to understand what work is currently being undertaken in health literacy across England, in order to identify opportunities for sharing learning and to connect people working in this field.
They are asking organisations to share their health literacy activities by answering the questions below, and emailing the details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Lead organisation
- Partners involved
- Name of activity
- Brief description of activity (e.g. practitioner training on Teachback, patient learning programmes, service re-design)
- Location and/or Coverage (e.g. Leeds, National)
- Contact details
Should you have any questions, or wish to learn more about the Health Literacy Collaborative, please do not hesitate to contact Laura Bolland at NHS England (email@example.com).