Health Information Week is a multi-sector campaign to promote the good quality health resources that are available to the public. It will take place on 3-9th July 2017. This campaign aims to encourage partnership working across sectors and benefit all staff and the public by raising awareness of the resources that are available to them.
More About Health Information Week – first full week of July: #HIW2017 3-9th July 2017.
- Follow the week’s events and join the campaign via Twitter: #HIW2017
- Plan your own health information display or event
- Contact other health information providers in your area (eg: Public Health, Health Promotion, Public Libraries, Health Libraries, local voluntary organisations etc.):
- Arrange an introductory meeting
- See if they are planning anything you might join with or initiate a joint event to share resources
- Promote HIW to staff and public, even if you are not holding an event or display:
- Prepare staff to signpost enquirers to good quality health information eg: promote the NHS Choices Guide
- Visit other events in your area and meet those involved to see if you might join forces next year
- Collect information that will help to assess the impact of HIW eg: attendee numbers, number of enquiries, number of additional library subscribers, feedback from participants etc.
Email PIF on firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what you will be doing to celebrate Health Information Week, and we will include it in our newsletter next week.