Health Education England have put together a collection of resources that share tools and approaches for sourcing and signposting high quality health information for patients and the public.
These include training materials from NHS libraries, in addition to tools and free online courses for a public audience available from key national organisations such as NHS Choices and the Medical Research Council.
The resources are:
- Going beyond Dr Google – training course developed by Aubrey Keep Library, North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Understanding Health Research – a tool developed by Medical Research Council (MRC)/Chief Scientist Office (CSO) Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow
- Get online: take control of your health – NHS Choices
- Improving your health online – Learn My Way, developed by the Tinder Foundation
- Health Information Workbook – developed by Knowledge, Library & Information Service, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust/Doncaster Libraries
- Finding good quality health information on the internet – developed by Musgrove Park Library, Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- Health information online – who can you trust? – developed by Joint Education and Training Library (JET) Library, Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
You can access the resources, plus find out more about the Health Education England’s ‘Knowledge for Healthcare’ work, on their website.