This week the BMA week launched their 2014 Patient Information Awards. The entry form is available here, and the closing date for submitting entries is the 28 February 2014.
All entries will be considered for the overall BMA Patient Information Resource of the Year Award. There are also 7 special awards:
- Information for groups with special needs
- Information that aids decision making
- Long term conditions
- Self care
- Mental capacity
In order to be eligible resources must have been published in 2012, 2013 or before the end of February 2014. There are six mandatory criteria which all entries should meet:
- Date of publication: Resources entered must clearly state the publication date. It must have been produced or revised within the previous two years.
- User involvement: Applicants will be asked to confirm that they have involved users in the development of their resource and to give details of the ways in which this was done.
- Health professional involvement (or an appropriate expert or specialist): Applicants will be asked to confirm that they have involved health professionals (or other experts) in the development of their resource and to give details of the ways in which this was done.
- References or sources of information: Applicants will be asked to give details of the references or sources of information they have used in the development of their information.
- Dissemination of the resource: Applicants will be asked to give information about the dissemination of the resource.
- Evaluation of the resource: Applicants will be asked to give information about the evaluation of the resource.
The awards now have a two year entry period but resources may not be re-entered in subsequent years unless they have been revised. Subsequent versions of resources which have won special awards cannot be entered again although revised versions of resources which have been commended or highly commended can be entered again this year.