March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is the biggest gynaecological killer of UK women, with UK survival rates amongst the worst in Europe.
Four charities have come together to launch a website to increase awareness of the disease, with women and GPs, in order to save lives.
The website includes key facts and figures, along with a collection of resources from all four organisations including:
- The Eve Appeal’s Five Fabulous Women DVD on knowing more about the signs of symptoms of ovarian cancer
- BEAT, Ovacome’s ovarian cancer symptom tracker
- My Ovacome, Ovacome’s supportive online community
- Ovarian Cancer Action symptoms leaflet and symptoms awareness video
- Ovarian Cancer Action BRCA risk tool
- Target Ovarian’s Quick Quiz
- Target Ovarian’s online modules for GPs
You can visit the Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month website here.