The BMJ Group have launched the 2012 BMJ Group Improving Health Awards. The Awards are run by doctors to recognise the hard work of fellow doctors who are making a difference to the lives of their patients. Improving Health is the BMJ Group’s commitment to the world of medicine and the Improving Health Awards is a very tangible way of demonstrating that commitment. As such they have a number of new categories, largely aimed at showcasing the best medicine being practised in the UK and reflecting the changing healthcare environment.
One of the categories for 2012 is Healthcare Communication Campaign, which recognises a campaign or a communication to educate patients on health.
- Impact on the public understanding of health
- Potential to change the way people think about an important issue
- Imaginative and effective methods of communication that are appropriate for the intended audience
- Balance and accuracy
- Awareness of the need to base campaigns on an evidence base
- Open to UK health campaigners, journalists, broadcasters and healthcare communications agencies, patient groups, commercial organisations, charities, and government agencies
- Anyone who has published/promoted/broadcast information about health education after 1, January 2011
- Can be either a public health or patient communication campaign
The closing date for entries is 28 February 2012.