Do you care about high-quality, accessible healthcare information and support?
If the answer is yes, then join us at the 2016 Annual Conference for People Working in Healthcare Information and Support, held by the Patient Information Forum (PIF), which will take place on Wednesday 25 May 2016 at the Royal College of Physicians, London. We are delighted that The Information Standard are the Lead Sponsors for the conference.
The interactive and participatory style of the conference will include:
- Why partnership working in healthcare information and support is important to patients.
- An update on the Accessible Information Standard, which becomes mandatory on 1 August 2016, for all organisations that provide NHS or publicly funded adult social care.
- The chance to trial our new PIF online e-learning unit on Creating and Presenting your Business Case for Information, in partnership with Education for Health.
- Case studies will allow you to learn from a range of projects that have involved partnership working. You can see an overview of the Case Study Sessions here.
- ‘Question Time’ style Keynote Conversations with panelists from a range of sectors, across the UK, will enable you to take part in the discussions and contribute your views. You can view the videos of the Keynote Conversations at our 2015 conference here: Empowering patients through engagement and involvement and Championing health information and valuing the professionals who work in the sector.
- A Best Poster Competition where you can discuss projects with entrants and vote for your favourite. You can view the entrants in this year's competition here. You can watch a video clip of the presentation of the Best Poster 2015 to the British Heart Foundation here.
- Dedicated networking sessions will allow you to share your experiences, and discover the expertise of others.
Our 2016 conference theme is the ‘Power of Partnership’. Partnership working is about developing inclusive, mutually beneficial relationships across a range of sectors that improve the quality of health information and support, and the experience of care for patients and the public.
PIF’s diverse membership, and network, means that our Annual Conference attracts individuals from a range of organisations, from around the UK - including the NHS, voluntary, academic, freelance, pharmaceutical and commercial sectors. Attending the conference will provide you with a great opportunity to make connections and create, and discover, new partnerships to drive your work and projects forwards.
NB: If you are a PIF member, please login before making your booking to receive your member discount.
We hope you can join us!