If you work in the field of health information, this is the only conference you simply must attend in 2015.
We are delighted to announce that the Annual Conference for People Working in Patient and Health Information will take place on Wednesday 1st July 2015 at The Royal College of Surgeons of England, 35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PE. You can view the conference programme here - PIF Conference Brochure 2015-revised 23 Feb 15 (Note if printing: 12 pages).
Words like self-management, patient involvement, shared decision-making and patient-centred care are abundant. With the emphasis firmly on the patient, the need for top-quality consumer health information has never been higher. We know you want to rise to the challenge, and find practical solutions to make your information more usable, accessible and patient-led.
So how do you turn all these words into practical ways to help patients feel informed and engaged in their healthcare? The answers can be found at our 10th Anniversary conference. This conference is all about providing practical solutions for everyone working in the field of consumer health information, so that you can deliver on the rhetoric so that meaningful patient empowerment becomes a reality. It is the 2015 event you can’t afford to miss.
By attending this conference you will:
- Get practical advice that will help you do your job, so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- Share best practice, via examples and case studies that have improved patient experience, and learn from the experience of others in a range of sectors.
- Have the opportunity to ask all your burning questions on the key challenges you face – both in small groups and during keynote conversations with our invited guests.
- Take part in dedicated speed networking and focused group work, so you leave the conference with a range of new contacts to follow up.
- Find out more in our themed zones on key topics including patient involvement, measuring the impact of information, health literacy and disseminating health information, and discover how others have tackled issues and challenges in health information.
- Feed into discussions about how, and whether, the health information workforce should be professionalised, and how we can promote the value of health information.
- Debate the funding of information and the financial challenges you face.
The Conference Programme
2015 will see a more interactive and practical conference. Our 'Question Time' style Keynote Conversations will allow you to interview our invited guests live on stage by submitting your questions via Twitter, text, email or from the audience. Read the biographies of our panelists here, and submit your questions for the panel here.
There will be specific times allocated for focussed networking, and our Interactive Shared Learning Zones on a range of topics (click here to see topics) will be hosted by experts and patients, so that you can share the key issues which you need help with and leave the conference with practical things to take back and use.
Best Poster Competition
If you are attending the conference you will also have the chance to vote in our 'Best Poster Competition. Read more here. The best judged poster on the day will win a prize, and be featured on the PiF website and in our weekly e-newsletter - PiF Aware.
Sponsorship and exhibition opportunities
Our lively Exhibition Hall will also be packed full of the latest ideas and innovations. Click here to see who will be exhibiting.
You can view the full conference programme here - PIF Conference Brochure 2015-revised 23 Feb 15 (Note if printing: 12 pages).
Need helping convince your budget holder?
If you need help to convince your budget holding colleagues of the value of your attendance at the conference you can use the draft letter here - Word version: Draft letter to budget holder-PiF conference 2015 PDF version: Draft letter to budget holder-PiF conference 2015
Book your place now! (Please remember if you are a PiF member to login to the PiF website before completing the booking form to receive the PiF member delegate rate).
Once you have booked your place at the conference you can find your Delegate Information Pack here - Event Information for Delegates - PIF2015
For general and booking enquiries please contact email@example.com
We hope you can join us!